Compact Model Engineer
Reporting To: VP of Technology
Company: IO Semiconductor, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product development, technology development and process engineering teams on the evaluation, optimization, validation, assessment and characterization of compact device models for circuit simulation.
- Characterization and analysis of solid-state devices
- Refinement and optimization of compact models for improved analog and RF
- design efficiency and implementation on EDA platforms
- DC and RF Spice model parameter sets for typical and skewed conditions
- Device and circuit simulations
- Test structure designs for parameter extractionReports, presentations and interpretations of simulation and characterization results
Required Skills and Experience
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering, physics or equivalent
- Solid technical understanding of semiconductor device physics, device
- characterization and compact modelling for circuit simulation.
- Experience with electrical characterization, including proficiency in setting-up
- and programming measurement systems.
- Programming experience in at least one high-level, script-based language, such as
- HP Basic, Matlab or LabVIEW.
- Experience in test structure design and layout.
- Expertise in silicon-on-insulator (SOI) transistor physics and high speed device
- characterization are highly desirable.
- Experience with process and device simulation and modelling (TCAD) tools is
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a proven ability to work in
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A strong, hands-on individual contributor and a self-starter
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others